Our Annual Snowman Decorating Contest and Christmas parade, held the first Saturday in December, just so happens to be some of our biggest draws! With marching bands and festive floats; wide-eyed tots and Christmas carols - there's no better place to jump start your holidays than right here in Rutherfordton.
These are a few of our favorite things
- A parade filled with marching bands, decorated floats, horses, dance troops and our guest of honor, Santa Claus
- Mr. and Mrs. Claus in Main Street Park
- Live music
- Painted holiday windows up and down Main Street
- Hot chocolate and other seasonal treats
- Our merchants' put on live window displays including music, elves and sometimes puppies!
- The largest Christmas Tree in NC is lit on the courthouse lawn along with a live band playing some of your favorite carols
Interested in having a float in our parade? Download an application or click here to register online
Parade Details for those interested in participating:
- Entry Deadline is Nov. 21, 2018
- Line up begins at 2:00 p.m. on Elm Street in Spindale. (Turn at Petroleum World off Main Street)
- Line up will be assigned prior to the parade
- The parade will begin in Spindale at 3:30 p.m. and will move through Spindale on Main Street from East to West to Railroad Ave. Turn right onto Railroad Ave. (direction Ruth). Go to Southern Street located on your left just before the light in Ruth at crossroads with Hwy 64 (Lake Lure / Morganton). Line up again on Southern Street in Rutherfordton and begin in Rutherfordton at 5:00 p.m.
- The parade will move from North to South on Main Street where it will disband in Fred’s parking lot